Football season is right around the corner, which also means tailgating is back! Whether you are more into the game or social aspect of football season, one thing is for sure: The food you have before hand must be absolutely delicious! Here are some of our tailgating favorites.
1. Mississippi Sin Dip: This dip is sure to leave everyone wanting more! It incorporates cheese, cheese, and more cheese. You can add chopped ham or even sausage. If you want to make the presentation pop, try putting it in a bread bowl. After eating a batch of this (*pictued) you will definitely want to head to the barre!
2. Chickpea Salad: If you are wanting to start your feast with a lighter option, try preparing a chickpea salad. It is a cool salad that incorporates garbanzo beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, basil, mint, and garlic. The traditional dressing is a refreshing vinaigrette. The colorful salad is appealing to the eye and healthy on the hips.
3. Jalapeño Poppers: For those of you who love to bring (and eat) the heat, this is the perfect tailgate food for you. Stuff the jalapeños with a piece of chicken and some cheese, then wrap it in bacon. I mean, honestly, what could taste bad wrapped in bacon
4. Wings: Regardless if you like sweet, spicy, or savory, chicken wings are sure to please your palette. They are good for those who are starving and good for those who just want a small bite to eat.
5. Sliders: Sliders are an easy way to please the majority. Whether it's a traditional beef burger, a sliced meat sandwich, or a veggie burger, it's an easy way to serve your whole tent!
6. Chili: Cold game? Have no fear! Just cook a traditional warm chill that will have everyone melting in no time!
7. Lemon squares: This is an easy and refreshing dessert to have for those hot hot hot games! Cleanse your pallet and indulge in the richness of a lemon square.
8. Cookies: I mean come on, who doesn't love a great cookie. Try making it festive and get special shaped cookies. (*dog bones, rebels, etc)
We all know that tailgating is not all about the food. How about adding that refreshing drink to wash it down?
1. Sangria: This fresh fruity beverage tastes great over ice!
2. Spiked Lemonade: Take your traditional lemonade and break it into two, save half of it for the kids and then make the last half into a treat the adults would love!
3. Infused water: For those who like to stay away from alcoholic beverages, try adding fruit, mint, or cucumbers to your water, making it a little more fun to drink.
Visit the *athenafit pinterest board to see links and recipes for all of the above!